This unit builds on Year 2 place value work, and understanding of number. Specifically, it moves learning on from 1- and 2-digit numbers to 3-digit numbers as the learner starts to really understand the digits in numbers in the hundreds. This is further consolidated by work on finding 1, 10 and 100 more or less than a number, and more work on comparing numbers.
Year 3 Place Value consists of:
- Parent/tutors guide
- Place Value 1 – I can; understand and represent numbers up to one thousand; recognise the place value of each digit in a three-digit number (hundreds,tens and ones); and read and write numbers up to 1000 in numerals and words.
- Place Value 2 – I can; identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations; and recognise the place value of each digit in a three-digit number (hundreds,tens and ones).
- Place Value 3 – I can find 1, 10 and 100 more or less than a given number.
- Place Value 4 – I can; read and write numbers up to 1,000 in numerals and words; compare and order numbers up to 1,000.
- Place Value 5 – I can count in steps of 50.